Re: FDA, CDER Data Standards Plan

Hi Susie and Scott,

This looks like an opportunity we can't miss. HCLS have a lot of
experience with Semantic Web to feed back to FDA in their work with the
CEDER standard plan.

Kerstin and I are interested to contribute with our experience when HCLS
review the plan and provide feedback.

Cheers,

Bosse

Bosse Andersson

Clinical Information Science

AstraZeneca R&D Lund, S-221 87 Lund, Sweden

Tel: +46 46 33 76 21 Mobile: +46 709 13 16 21

E-mail: bo.h.andersson@astrazeneca.com
<mailto:bo.h.andersson@astrazeneca.com>

--------------------------------
Hi Susie,

Thanks for identifying this unique opportunity to engage with the FDA
about data standards. I have re-pasted the URL's below for convenience
because I had trouble accessing the versions in your previous message.
I am printing the draft to locate specific issues where HCLS can
contribute comments and suggestions.

1. Federal Register, 17 June 2010, 75(116), 34452-34453,
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-14637.pdf
2. FDA, CDER Data Standards Plan (Version 1.0), Posted online 17 June
2010,
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DevelopmentApprovalProcess/FormsSubmi
ssionRequirements/ElectronicSubmissions/UCM214120.pdf

Cheers,
Scott

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Susie Stephens
<susie.steph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The FDA is announcing the availability for public comment of the draft
> document entitled "CDER Data Standards Plan Version 1.0". The draft
plan
> outlines the general approach proposed for development of a
comprehensive
> data standards program in the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
> (CDER). The draft plan identifies key objectives for a data standards
> program at CDER, processes to be developed to ensure successful use of
those
> standardized data, and a set of recommended projects beginning this
calendar
> year [1, 2].
>
> Please let me know if you would be interested in contributing to
> HCLS reviewing the plan and providing feedback.
>
> Cheers,

> Susie

Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential and proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and note that you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted and may be unlawful.