Re: magetab2magerdf

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 14:35:18 -0500
To: Jim McCusker <james.mccusker@yale.edu>
CC: mdmiller <mdmiller53@comcast.net>, Tony Burdett <tburdett@ebi.ac.uk>, w3c semweb HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Jim McCusker wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     Quick request re. the RDF documents holding the RDF triples, you
>     need to add a relation that connects the RDF Documents to its
>     contents e.g., using one of the Topic oriented properties from
>     Dublic Core, FOAF, Bibliographic Ontology etc.
>
>     The current effect of not doing the above is demonstrated here
>     (sadly this problem is way too common across the RDF data
>     publishing realm):
>
>     1. http://bit.ly/5I62KG -- Nothing shown here since the Page
>     Description seeks to describe the RDF doc, and then from the doc
>     description expose RDF graph its hosts
>     2. http://bit.ly/7v11ym  -- Data is Explorable here because the
>     Browers is processing the RDF doc contents.
>

> Can you elaborate a bit? The Experiment object is the root object, are
> you saying that there is a standard property I can add to it that will
> tell your linked data tools that that is the right place to start? I

Jim,

Yes.

## Assuming a number of different entities are described in your RDF doc
<YourDocURI> foaf:topic <EntityDescribedInYourDocURI>

## Assuming one main entity
<YourDocURI> foaf:primarytopic <EntityDescribedInYourDocURI>

## Re your OWL docs it would be:
<ClassOrPropertyURI> rdfs:isDefinedBy <OWLOntologyURI>

> took a look at the file through Longwell last night and was able to
> get it to load.
Yes, because like #2 in my list above, its exploring the RDF doc
content, solely.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/8t55xB -- description of an Amazon Book page
demonstrating use of foaf:primarytopic and foaf:topic
2. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/purl.org/dc/terms/ --
shows Dublin Core example re. isDefinedBy (click on the Backward Links
tab which reflects the Object position of the Ontology URI in the Triple).

Kingsley

--

Regards,

President & CEO