Re: An Universal Exchange Language

From: Mark <markw@illuminae.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:44:50 -0800
To: "Tim Clark" <twclark@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
But seriously, Tim, if we were to pursue this problem, we would need some
form of unambiguous identifier for "things"... and given the distributed
nature of the biomedical domain, we'd want to make sure that there was
some way of resolving that identifier to obtain metadata about it from a
variety of disparate sources who might have very different information -
clinical, molecular, demographic, etc...

hmmmm....