Re: An Universal Exchange Language

From: Jim McCusker <james.mccusker@yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:09:18 -0500
To: Matthias Löbe <matthias.loebe@imise.uni-leipzig.de>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
2010/12/14 Matthias Löbe <matthias.loebe@imise.uni-leipzig.de>

> Hello to all,
> A central point is to create an "Universal Exchange Language" that is
> architecturally neutral, XML-based, extensible, optimized for
> representing structured data, and that should have the ability to
> include/ reference controlled vocabularies. That language would be
> used to design fine-grained data elements that could be tagged with
> metadata. These data elements should be modular, reusable, interlinked
> and should not be tied to a specific context.

Like it or not, they were probably thinking of HL7 and ISO 21090. We would
need to show how semweb solutions are a better solution, or how it is tied
too much to healthcare, leaving out life sciences, population science,
chemistry, etc. We don't yet have *a* solution for this, we have several.

Jim McCusker
Programmer Analyst
Krauthammer Lab, Pathology Informatics
Yale School of Medicine