Re: Minutes for Scientific Discourse call

From: Jie Zheng <jiezheng@pcbi.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:27:54 -0400
To: Jim McCusker <mccusker@gmail.com>
CC: Helen Parkinson <parkinson@ebi.ac.uk>, Michael Miller <mmiller@teranode.com>, "M. Scott Marshall" <marshall@science.uva.nl>, HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, Chris Stoeckert <stoeckrt@pcbi.upenn.edu>
Hi Jim,

I have updated MO to OBI mapping file. You can view it on the website:
http://mged.sourceforge.net/ontologies/MO2OBImapping.php

The mapping was made based on the usage of MO terms in the micorarray
experiments. For example, MO_577 'synthetic_RNA' and MO_543
'synthetic_DNA' were added into OBI as 'labeled RNA specimen' and
'labeled DNA specimen' because over 95% experiments used the terms as
the material type after labeling by reviewing 9803 microarray
experiments stored in ArrayExpress.

You can send me the MO terms you used and the use cases of how the terms
used. I can help to add them into OBI.

Any comments and suggestions on the mapping are welcome.

Thanks,

Jie