Re: Action Items from call today

hi kei,

yes, the proposal for specifying the dataset seemed to allow rich
annotation, one reason i liked it.

the piece i find missing is this.  not being a biologist or statistician i
can't offer much help (my strength is software).

once a large group of individuals have been part of a GWAS (perhaps as part
of a clinical trial) and a marker based on a gene expression signature over
n genes has been determined, presumably that would be published as the set
of n genes and some averaged measure of up regulation or down regulation per
gene based on averaging that group of individuals and an outcome such as bad
prognosis or good prognosis associated with the marker.  now if a new
individual has a gene expression profile, how will the expression of this
individual's genes be compared against the marker to determine which group
the individual falls into?

(there are other scenarios, such as multiple markers associated with
different outcomes but the above seems the simplest case.)

look forward to meeting you and the others at the F2F next week.

cheers,
michael

Michael Miller
mdmiller53@comcast.net