Re: [hcls] Updated wiki page for HCLS Knowledge Base

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 03:34:01 -0700, Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
wrote:

> Besides, even though linked data URIs and federated queries are nice, it
> is quite practical to have all relevant datasets accessible through a
> single SPARQL endpoint.

:-)  I still find statements like this amusing, especially from the
flagship organization representing the Semantic Web for healthcare and
life sciences.

I do understand *why* statements like this are made, and I do understand
how much easier it is to demonstrate the Semantic "Web" if you remove
"Web" from the equation... but it still irks me LOL!

Back in 2006 in the "Creeps" paper, Ben and I wrote that the SWHCLS
community has spent too much time focusing on "Semantic" rather than on
"Web"... and it really hasn't changed much nearly 4 years later :-(  I
honestly think that, if we all pulled in the same direction, we could make
the "Web" aspect of the Semantic Web work better than it currently does...

Todays programme was brought to you by the letter W  ;-)

Cheers all!

Mark