Introductions: Jodi Schneider, Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland Galway

From: Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:47:20 +0000
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

I'm writing to introduce myself, since I'm new to HCLS.

I'm a Ph.D. student at DERI at NUIG, studying Social-Semantic Web under Alex Passant. I'm very glad to be joining the Scientific Discourse Task Force. This is right in line with my own research on argumentative discussion!

Overall, my research interests are in scientific + scholarly communication. Prior to DERI, I studied Math and Library & Information Science (and worked in related fields). Beneficent uses of technology (including ensuring an open web) are very important to me. I want to bring improved collaboration and publishing tools (which leverage social and semantic web technologies) to scientists and publishers.

Jodi Schneider