Re: COI next steps

From: <helen.chen@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:26:46 -0500
To: joshua.phillips@semanticbits.com
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org

The COI group has discussed two possible directions:

1. Expand the test cases and apply to more substantial clinical models and
2. Embed authentication rules and consent management policies into the
mapping rules, and apply access control during the transformation of

Yes, we are looking for new use cases and more datasets to work with.  For
example, we would like to have use cases where there is misalignment, even
conflicts between two different domain ontologies.  We would also like to
test where SPARQL "construct" is not enough and we need to introduce more
expressive rules.  caBIG has done lots of work in setting standards for
interoperability.  It would be a good area to  work.

We are looking forward to having you join this conservation.

Helen Chen

joshua phillips <joshua.phillips@semanticbits.com>
Sent by: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org
11/16/2009 11:55 AM

COI next steps

What are the next steps for the Clinical Observations Interop group? Are
you looking for new use cases and data sets to work with? I'm interested
to explore how this work could be applied to data from applications
developed in caBIG such as caTissue (biospecimen annotations), caArray
(gene expression), caAERS (adverse events), and C3PR (eligibility
criteria, patient registration, protocols).

 - Joshua