Question about standardization

From: Michael Hucka <mhucka@caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 23:22:36 -0700
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hello there,

I hope this is not too off-topic -- I'm new to this group
and still am trying to get a sense for what it's about.

Those of us working on SBML (the Systems Biology Markup
Language -- see http://sbml.org) would like to pursue
standards-body recognition of SBML.  Would this (HCLSIG) be
an appropriate group within which to pursue that goal?  If
not, what alternative(s) would people recommend?

Thanks for your time,
MH

--
Mike Hucka, Ph.D.  mhucka@caltech.edu  http://bnmc.caltech.edu
Senior Research Fellow, Control and Dynamical Systems