Question about standardization

From: Michael Hucka <mhucka@caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 23:22:36 -0700
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hello there,

I hope this is not too off-topic -- I'm new to this group
and still am trying to get a sense for what it's about.

Those of us working on SBML (the Systems Biology Markup
Language -- see http://sbml.org) would like to pursue
standards-body recognition of SBML.  Would this (HCLSIG) be
an appropriate group within which to pursue that goal?  If
not, what alternative(s) would people recommend?

Thanks for your time,

Mike Hucka, Ph.D.  mhucka@caltech.edu  http://bnmc.caltech.edu
Senior Research Fellow, Control and Dynamical Systems
Co-director, Biological Network Modeling Center (BNMC)
Beckman Institute @ the California Institute of Technology