Call for Papers: Ontologies for Clinical and Translational Research

From: Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:36:34 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: phismith@buffalo.edu
Barry Smith asked that I forward information about a call for papers for a
special issue of the Journal of Biomedical Informatics on Ontologies for
Clinical and Translational Research. This is a very interesting topic, and
closely aligned with the work that is ongoing within the Translational
Medicine Ontology task.
Cheers,
Susie

-----
Werner Ceusters, Richard Scheuermann and I are editing a special issue of
the Journal of Biomedical Informatics on the topic of Ontologies for
Clinical and Translational Research.

Some papers in the issue will be based on papers presented at the ICBO
conference in Buffalo. However, this is an open call, and you are invited to
submit papers focusing on ways in which ontologies can contribute to
breaking down the barriers between different sorts of information relevant
to the understanding and treatment of disease, ranging from information
deriving from experimental biology and model organism research to
clinical trial
data and information of the sort contained in electronic health records.

Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2009. Further details are available
here: http://ontology.buffalo.edu/JBI/ontologies.pdf