F2F on Apr 30 and May 1

From: M. Scott Marshall <marshall@science.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:13:09 +0100
To: W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Meetings/2009-04-30_F2F

Keep this extra bit of travel logistics in mind for the F2F on Apr 30
and May 1 if you're outside the U.S. As I understand it, you must
register online ahead of time:

FYI - new U.S. visa procedures (NOW ALSO REQUIRED FOR 'PRIVILEGED'
COUNTRIES) attached.

-Scott

attached mail follows:

Starting next week, travelers to the U.S. will have to either get a visa
or use a US Gov't website to get advance approval.  Just coming from a
"visa waiver country" is no longer good enough.  I hear the website
works pretty well, so the main thing is to make sure folks know to use
it.  We should probably remind everyone coming to meetings in the
U.S. about this, for the next year or so.

The information site:
        http://www.cbp.gov/esta

... which links to the actual (secure) process site:
        https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/

An example reminder I sent out:
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2009Jan/0018.html

Note that a web search of ESTA may lead you to something like "esta.us"
which looks official, but is really a private company trying to charge
you money for a service that (I suspect) is the same as the free
government-provided service.

     -- Sandro