Re: BioRDF Telcon

Hi Michael,

Thanks for pointing to MSigDB. I inlucded this in the related links
section of the microarray use case description
(http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/QueryFederation2). Also
please see my response below.

Cheers,

-Kei

mdmiller wrote:

> hi all,
>
> here is he link to Molecular Signatures Database (MSigDB):
>
> [1]: http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsea/msigdb/
>
> cheers,
> michael
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "mdmiller" <mdmiller53@comcast.net>

Yes, for these gene lists to be of value to researchers, rich annotation
is key. The challenge here is that it's quite tedious to enter the
custom data analysis protocols in a structured way by hand.

>>> At least for now, I don't think we need to convert the huge primary
>>> data files (e.g., CEL file) into RDF. For the time being, we are
>>> more focused on the processed gene lists that may be associated with
>>> more biological meanings.
>>

>> perhaps its worthwhile considering using an ontology 'raw data' class
>> for raw data that contains a reference to the data file.  one could
>> then use appropriate analysis tools to produce normalized data which
>> could then also be referenced by a 'normalized data' class.

It seems to make sense.