Re: BioRDF Telcon

Hi Lena,

Helena Deus wrote:

> @Kei,
>
>     When you said data structure, did you mean the RDF structure
>

> For now, all I have is the java object returned by parser. I've been
> using Limpopo, which creates an object that I can then parse to RDF
> uing Jena. The challenge, though, has been coming up with the
> predicates to formalize the relationships between the various
> elements. I'm using the XML structures fir IDF/SDRF etc.
> at http://magetab-om.sourceforge.net to automatically generate the
> structure that will contain the data. My plan is to then create the
> RDF triples that use the attributes described in those documents and
> populate them with the data from the MAGE-TAB java object created by
> Limpopo.

Thanks for the pointer and explaining your strategy. We might not need
to convert everything from mage-tab for our purposes.

> Right now all I have is a very raw RDF/XML document describing the
> relationships in the IDF
> structure: http://magetab2rdf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/magetabpredicates.rdf
> The triples for that had to be encoded manually using Jena by reading
> the model.

I think IDF is a good start. For a real example for our use case, I
wonder if any mage-tab file is available for experiment E-GEOD-4757
(transcription profiling of human neurons with and without
neurofibriallary tangles from Alzheimer's patients). Helen may know.

Cheers,

-Kei