Re: [biordf] DBpedia-OBO mapping, additions to HCLS KB

From: Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:47:25 +0200
To: "Kei Cheung" <kei.cheung@yale.edu>
Cc: "public-semweb-lifesci" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Kei wrote:
> Are synonyms considered in the mappings? For example,
> http://dbpedia.org/page/Dopamine_receptor_D2 has a number of synonyms
> (e.g., DRD2, D2R, D2 receptor, and so on).

No, at the moment this (i.e., pages that are actually only redirects to
other pages) is not taken into account. Some kind of service that substitues
redirect pages with the 'right' pages would be handy. I will look into
that -- it could be very useful for several other projects as well.

Cheers,
Matthias