RE: Multi-layered Knowledge Representations for Healthcare (was RE: An argument for bridging information models and ontologies at the syntactic level)

One more point.  I agree with most everything you have stated.  One distiction
that we have found valuable is between high level domain models (level 2
Ontologies) and specific detailed classes of information (Example: Procedures vs
the class of patients who have had a laproscopic Cholecystectomy with
intra-operative cholangiogram), level 3 Ontologies.  Some of our rationale is
that often this crosses the information model with the terminology model, the
later for example being formed from a compositional terminological construction.

[VK] I agree that this is the most likely point where a cross-over happens. But
as we discussed in the earlier e-mails, if we had a common representation
formalism for information models and terminologies, the cross-over is not
required!

---Vipul

	With warm regards,

	Peter