Re: FW: Bill Bug Memorial

Very sad news. Bill was indeed an important contributor to many efforts.
For me, Bill's diligently composed email messages and posts still serve
as excellent summaries for several important topics. Bill helped to
connect things in many ways. He presented a valuable and well-informed
view of bioinformatics that connected both theory and application,
ontology and data, with a solid grounding in daily (data) practices of
the lab scientist. I was also struck by his careful and polite
acknowledgements of others in both phone and email conversations. Kei's
description fits perfectly: passionate and knowledgeable. I was never
able to meet Bill in person but I will miss him like a friend.

-Scott

--
M. Scott Marshall
tel. +31 (0) 20 525 7522