Re: SenseLab note: should flaws in open source ontology editors be mentioned?

> However, how _exactly_ can the process of "editing the complex, expressive
> ontologies" be improved? Concrete suggestions welcome.

The process is not the problem. It would be a good start if the ontology
editors would work as advertised, without introducing logical or syntactic
errors into the ontologies during normal work procedure; and if they would
adhere to the respective standards and not some specific interpretation
thereof. I would estimate that 50% of the time editing the SenseLab
ontologies was actually spent on fixing problems caused by Protege 3.x.
Don't get me wrong, I like Protege, but it can have its downsides in certain
scenarios. Swoop also caused me some troubles, and Protege 4 was/is still in
Alpha version...

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald
Semantic Web Company, Austria // DERI Galway, Ireland
http://www.semantic-web.at/
http://www.deri.ie/