Re: GO as RDF properties

From: Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@po.rd.taisho.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:27:45 +0900
To: Talapady Bhat <talapady.bhat@nist.gov>
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Hi Talapady,

> Why not use EC number to denote enzyme and use GO as an alias? EC numbers
> are far more popular and more universily known to other databases for
> exchange of information.

This is for internal use, and I am using GO in my databases here.

> Also why not use thermodynamics data as well ?

Actually, I am not trying to create an all-encompassing model yet. I
have a set of very sparse data that I want to get into RDF. In some
cases all I have is the enzyme and an inhibitor - not even the
substrates. By fitting it all to RDF I was hoping to be able to merge
this data with other sources later. If there is thermodynamic info I
will hopefully be able to bolt it on afterwards.

Tore

Tore Eriksson [tore.eriksson ad po.rd.taisho.co.jp]