Re: Minutes HCLSIG call June 26

Hi all,

During the call, we discussed the possibility of categorizing of the
proposed projects that are currently listed at:
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Project_Ideas

Such project categorization may help us identify possible synergies and
areas that may be missing.  I went through the project
titles/descriptions and came up with the following categories:

1. Technologies/Languages/Tools (e.g., Semantic Wiki, Exhibit, workflow,
rule-based languages, RDF, SPARQL, OWL, ...)
2. Ontologies/Vocabularies/Knowledge base (e.g., GALEN, SNOMED, and HCLS KB)
3. Data Formats/Data Types/Domains (e.g., HL7, clinical trial data,
patient data, disease data, herbal medicine, ...)
4. Social Networking/Organizations/eScience (e.g., SIOC, CDISC, ...)

Some of the projects may fall into multiple categories. If we use
Semantic Wiki for describing the projects in the future, we can tag each
project with these categories. These categories are by no means
exhaustive or final (new projects ideas may be added). They are only my
suggestion. Other thoughts/ideas are welcome.

Best,

-Kei