An application of the Semantic Web for finding alternative drug applications

From: eric neumann <ekneumann@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:56:51 -0400
To: "w3c semweb hcls" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Below is the reference and link to the paper (presented at Bio-Ontologies,
ISMB 2008) I mentioned during last week's HCLS call...
Angela X. Qu et al.
"Tamoxifen to Systemic Lupus Erythematosus:Constructing a Semantic
Infrastructure to Enable Mechanism-based Reasoning andInference from Drugs
to Diseases"

The paper can be found along with others in
http://www.bio-ontologies.org.uk/download/Bio-Ontologies2008.pdf

What I think is worth noting in this paper, is that in addition to
SPARQL-endpoints and ontologies, there are additional ways of finding
patterns and mining information from RDF structures based on graph-theoretic
methods.

Eric