Re: 'Gene WIki' announced

On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Kei Cheung <kei.cheung@yale.edu> wrote:
> I'm exploring the idea of creating "Wiki Neuron" based on my past
> activities in the HCLSIG. I've recently added a description of this
> idea called "Visual Web Meets Semantic Web" to the list of HCSLIG
> project ideas (http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Project_Ideas/).
> Neurons are the one of the fundamental life science entities that
> neuroscientists are studying. Diverse types of
> information/experimental data (e.g., physiological measurements,
> computational models, images, etc) have been collected on neurons
> (for both human and model organisms). Such neuronal information can
> be mashed up with other types of data (e.g., genes, SNPs, proteins,
> pathways, diseases, chemical drugs, etc). Therefore it would be
> meaningful and important to link Wiki Neuron to other bio-Wikis. Yes,
> URI's are key to establishing such links.

Hey, I'd be willing to help out with that sort of project. I've done my
fair share of wiki work and neuron stuff. Also, there's a group out at
http://neuralensemble.org/ doing a repository of neural software, so
it's missing the informatics approach that you're proposing, and
perhaps a joint project wouldn't be a terrible idea. This could be done
by providing datasets/informatics on which the scripts (doing various
algorithms from the literature etc.) could work with.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html
irc.freenode.net #hplusroadmap