Life Sciences Grid

From: Susie M Stephens <STEPHENS_SUSIE_M@LILLY.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 02:24:04 -0400
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

I apologize for the spam, but thought several folks might be interested to
know that Lilly has put it's discovery IT framework into Sourceforge (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lsg/).

I've included an abstract below that gives a very high level description of
the architecture.

Cheers,

Susie

   Life Science Grid (LSG) is a software infrastructure that Lilly has
   developed for drug discovery. LSG is a plug-in hosting and deployment
   framework that is built on top of the Composite Application Block user
   interface from Microsoft Patterns and Practices. LSG is a rich client
   which requires .NET 2.0 or higher and WSE 3.0. LSG simplifies the task
   of creating new plug-ins by providing a Visual Studio template from
   which developers can quickly learn and expand. The framework also
   supplies an administrative tool for registering and deploying plug-ins
   and composing them into applications. Users can easily choose which
   applications and plug-ins to use enabling task-oriented customization.
   This approach allows us to provide an integrated environment for the
   user. It also enhances the development process by providing a foundation
   to build and manage reusable components.