Re: One ontology schema - heterogeneous instance bases

From: Emek Demir <demir@cbio.mskcc.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:41:11 +0300
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Hi Satya,

I believe the problem is even deeper. There is no unambiguous definition
for a pathway. Pathways are almost arbitrary groupings due to historical
and experimental reasons. Instances of pathway class in Biopax should be
treated as tags on interactions to enable easier querying.

There are unambiguous definitions for reactions, reactants, locations
etc. and I believe these are the ones that needs to be integrated. Once
this is accomplished we can try and see if we can form a consensus on
how to partition this network in a standard manner.

Best,
Emek Demir