Re: what would change for me?

On Oct 23, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Marc-Alexandre Nolin wrote:

> Currently, I'm waiting for the publication of Jonathan URI
> recommendation to add it to the Bio2RDF system. Adding the support to
> the standardization effort doesn't mean to throw away the previous
> working system :)
>
> Marc-Alexandre

I appreciate your confidence!  I am hoping to release a draft of the
URI note to HCLS at the end of this week. It would be extremely
helpful to me if you would give your advice on common names for
public database records.  I think you have seen the science commons
proposal, and your comments on that would be interesting. I have a
"major issue" page on this topic:
   http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/
URI_Best_Practices/Recommendations/PublicResources

Since yours is the only other careful effort I know of along these
lines, I'd be interested to know whether you recommend what you have
for HCLS purposes, and what would be required to reconcile bio2rdf
with purl.org/commons (besides finishing the implementation of the
latter by making it yield RDF). I'm particularly interested in
opinions on what goes between the // and the first /.

Jonathan