Re: Chemical & Engineering News article on Semantic Web

On 9 Oct 2007, at 18:36, Eric Neumann wrote:
> FYI--
>
> Forwarding an article, published by Chemical & Engineering News on
> the Semantic Web: "Pharma Researchers Adopt An Orphan Internet
> Standard"
>
> http://pubs.acs.org/email/cen/html/100807150541.html
>
> It has some quotes from members of our group.

I have to say that that was one of the more hilarious tech articles
evah.

""""The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), the Internet standards
arbiter that developed the HTML content description protocol,
released a new standard several years ago called the semantic Web.
Operating on linkages between data called triplets, in which two URL-
based pieces of information are connected by a recognizable
relationship in a kind of subject-verb-object arrangement, the
semantic Web gained far less momentum with programmers than did HTML,
which can be searched on the basis of written language."""

Ran it through babelfish, did they? ;) And some historical
illiteratizer.

Cheers,
Bijan.