Re: Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER)

From: Matt Williams <matthew.williams@cancer.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 09:58:18 +0100
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: public-semweb-lifesci hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

FWIW, I'd agree. I've used the data before for some work integrating
Bayesian Nets & Ontologies (see 1 & 2). The data set is probably not
(that) large by bioinformatics terms, but it is (clearly) clinically
relevant, and so might help encourage clinically-minded people to have a
look.

The real "killer" might be to show how rdf-ing SEER data gives you an
advantage - the obvious gain would be that if the SEER data were
expressed in terms of a uniform ontology, it could link with some other
data.

HTH,
Matt

1: http://www.kent.ac.uk/secl/philosophy/jw/2006/ObnetsPrognosis.pdf