Envisioning information

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:00:49 -0500
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, public-hcls-dse@w3.org
To: Vipul Kashyap <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>

Vipul and I were discussing patient records and I remembered a nice
layout of a portion from a medical record that Edward Tufte
visualized in his book Envisioning Information. It is on page 56 to
57. Unfortunately I don't know of an online way to view the book, but
if you have access to a copy this, and any ofTufte's other books,
they are well worth a look. The visualization places a terse report
of the treatment of a patient in her last days, from a medical bill,
annotated on the sides, in a sort of talmudic style, with the story
of what was happening at the time.

Regards,
Alan

http://www.amazon.com/Envisioning-Information-Edward-R-Tufte/dp/