Re: [semweb-lifesci]

  >> Our Systems Team has fielded this request many times.

  PH> Its about time it bloody well listened, then.

Yes.

  PH> By the way, the tone of the document [1] is extremely annoying. If the
  PH> W3C were a company taking this attitude, it would have lost its customer
  PH> base years ago. Of course, the W3C isn't a company: but y'all might give
  PH> some thought to the fact the great bulk of the W3C's work is done by
  PH> volunteers, who are the people getting screwed over by the Systems
  PH> Team's almost palpable arrogance.

The document suggests that if W3C sticks with it's silly policy, then perhaps
mail client developers will fix their clients.

I think that the opposite is also true; if W3C is incapable of producing an
mailing list which can be configured to their owners' wishes, rather than
W3C's own dogma, we should perhaps move the mailing list elsewhere. I would
rather see the effort invested in getting W3C to fix their broken policy than
use workarounds which give them no incentive.

Incidentally, I don't filter on subject line.

Phil