[COI] Proposal for Brainstorming

From: Dan Corwin <dan@lexikos.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:49:11 -0500
To: "Kashyap, Vipul" <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>
CC: public-hcls-dse@w3.org, public-semweb-lifesci hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, Stanley Huff <Stan.Huff@intermountainmail.org>, Yan Heras <Yan.Heras@intermountainmail.org>, "Oniki, Tom (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <Tom.Oniki@ge.com>, Joey Coyle <joey@xcoyle.com>, Landen Bain <lbain@topsailtech.com>, "Bron W. Kisler" <bkisler@earthlink.net>
Hi Vipul -

For the Brainstorming session tomorrow, I want to suggest a
"recruitment" POC with two distinct but interacting levels:

* UI-level code working roughly as "SearchAgent" specs suggest
* Mappings per your specs, done within "EMRwrapper" web apps

As you know, my view of Rachel's use case is biased by ongoing
development at Lexikos for a "semantic" search engine - one not
driven by text or keywords, but by named graphs of UMLS concepts
and relations.

Queries to this engine work differently from SPARQL's.  They
involve "similarity" heuristics, helpful especially in UI work,
and in matching things by using concepts in their documentation.

We would "raise the ante" on a POC to suggest recruitment demos
close to workable, but supporters for this could emerge.  To show
more clearly the suggested web service architecture (at least in
the opinion of this vendor), I attach Powerpoint slides on it.

best regards
Dan Corwin