Re: SfN meeting submission

I would make a couple of suggestions.

1) Allow those who were most deeply involved in the project (both in raw
energy and in actual contributions) to recommend who the author (s) should
be. They are (usually in my experience) in the best position to understand
who understands their work, and can then communicate same. Further, to
involve the individual who had the original idea, particularly if it was
deeply considered before sharing with others.

2) Then consider selecting additional members based on the needs of the
subject and desired outcome. For example, knowledge systems covers a lot of
territory beyond either discipline of neuroscience or computer science. I
coined the term mega disciplinary on accident a few years ago when writing
about this particular challenge within knowledge systems (forgive me if
someone coined it first). I would include both of these disciplines and
weighted heavily of course for this particular target, but depending on the
specific goal of the demo and paper (s), the group might consider inviting
others with deep experience in areas that can contribute to the desired
outcome, even if not an author.

3) Then elect a team leader. Online and group collaboration is fine to a
point, but as most who have experienced same over time have often enough
confronted one or more of the negatives.

4) Take it semi private for expediency with occasional public updates.

My brother died of ALS about 7 years ago after three years of multi family
hell, and my wife was recently diagnosed with seizure disorders fairly late
in life (fortunately fine), so I wish you God's speed in your work.

Neuro disease (s) and the complexities of the broad areas of related
research to my understanding provide an excellent match for applied
ontological languages, as well as related areas we are all working on.

.02- MM