BAMS and MeSH...so far

From: Donald Doherty <donald.doherty@brainstage.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:17:15 -0400
To: <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
So far I've gone through "c" in testing both BAMS Part Names and Cell Names
in MeSH (see attached spreadsheet).

There doesn't seem to be any detail in cell names in MeSH beyond "neuron."
None of the Cell Names come up with a MeSH ID. I've even tried simplified
versions.

There is a sparse distribution of MeSH matches to BAMS part names. Only the
very simplest brain parts are represented in MeSH and even some of those are
left out. BAMS sometimes doesn't include the simplest referents. For
instance, amygdala is in MeSH (D000679) but never shows up in BAMS except in
references to specific subregions of the amygdala such as the Basolateral
nucleus of the amygdale.

Don

P.S. METHODOLOGY: Search text using "Find Exact Term." If that doesn't work,
search "Find Terms with All Fragments."

-----

Donald Doherty, Ph.D.
Brainstage Research, Inc.