Re: cell types, brain regions mentioned in gensat

I hate to say it, but based on our attempts to use MeSH for this
purpose in BIRN, I would suggest this is not really going to work.

UMLS does contain NeuroNames - but given the deliberate process that
must go into UMLS curation, it is an older version of NN and not one
that includes any of the work the NN group has done to integrate
rodent terminologies in with those for primate.

Cheers,
Bill

On Mar 2, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Donald Doherty wrote:

> Alan,
>
> The region names are all available in the MeSH...would that give
> you the
> taxonomy you need? I don't know of a similar source for cell types.
>
> Don

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org
Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy