RE: RE: [hcls] A map of the Semantic Web for life science and health care

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 15:58:45 -0500
To: "Kashyap, Vipul" <VKASHYAP1@PARTNERS.ORG>
Cc: "Eric Neumann" <eneumann@teranode.com>, <samwald@gmx.at>, <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

>I agree with Eric:
>
>There are a bunch of ≥maps≤ a categorization of which I have put on the wiki:
>
>1.	Ecosystem Diagrams
>2.	Spheres of Activity Diagrams
>3.	Data Flow Maps
>4.	Knowledge Flow Maps
>5.	Application Map
>6.	Taxonomies
>
>It is unlikely and probably not desirable that
>we combine all these categories into oneŠ
>One approach would be to choose one or more of
>these categories and synthesize a map for each
>of theseŠ.
>
>It would also be great to get feedback on which
>of these is a good candidate to shoot forŠ
>
>And maybe we need to brainstorm around what the goal of this would be as well?

I was beginning to wonder about that. What
exactly (or even approximately) is the purpose of
making these diagrams? Are they supposed to
convey useful information to somebody? What and
to who?

Pat Hayes

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell