Re: BioRDF Telcon

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 02:19:28 +0200
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

Marc-Alexandre Nolin wrote:
> [...] As much has
> we would like to call uniprot:p19367 a concept, it is still a database
> number from the database uniprot. The real concept would be
> protein:Hexokinase. This is what the searcher would be looking for.
> The concept would then link to any database talking about it. For an
> idea about this, look for Hexokinase in Wikipedia
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexokinase , see in the right panel every
> reference to other database talking about it, not just Uniprot.

Note that uniprot:P19367 doesn't represent "Hexokinase", but "Hexokinase in
Homo sapiens". Here are all the hexokinases: http://tinyurl.com/2l83au.

Other than that, how is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexokinase more of a
concept than http://beta.uniprot.org/uniprot/P19367 (could argue that both
are just Web pages) or urn:lsid:uniprot.org:uniprot:P19367?