Re: HCLS SW "Web Metro Map"

From: <samwald@gmx.at>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 20:53:41 +0200
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, Kerstin.L.Forsberg@astrazeneca.com
To: ogbujic@ccf.org, kei.cheung@yale.edu

> Very nice diagrams (I'd like to know what tools were used to create
> them), but I can't help but notice that the clinical realm is very much
> under-represented - with the exception of the HCLS 'ecosystem' diagram.

Yes, unfortunately the clinical side has become quite under-represented recently. I think we should try to put more emphasis on the connection of the research side to the clinical side. Of course, the clinical aspects will be represented in the HCLS map.
Maybe you could give an update on your Problem-Oriented Medical Record ontology and make some suggestions on where it would fit into the landscape of other resources we have recently developed? Since the infrastructure starts to crystallize around the OBO Foundry/Relation Ontology/BFO - based ontologies, some ontologies that are based on different foundations (like your Medical Record ontology) become a bit separated, it seems.

cheers,
Matthias