From: public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org on behalf of samwald@gmx.at
Sent: Fri 6/1/2007 3:48 PM
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Subject: [hcls] Clinical Trial Ontology -- interest in transnational cooperation

I am involved in the planning of a project that has the goal of creating an ontology / Semantic Web -- based system for the management of clinical trials. If accepted, this project will be financed by an Austrian science fund and will involve several European research centres and one private medical university / clinic.
Since the NCBO has initiated the creation of an OBO Foundry - based Clinical Trial Ontology [1], it would obviously be beneficial to coordinate these two projects as tightly as possible with each other and with the Semantic Web infrastructure created by the HCLSIG and Science Commons.
The European project is still in the planning phase for the next 1 1/2 months, so it would be great to get some suggestions on how our effort could be coordinated with the NCBO Clinical Trial Ontology project in a way that is most beneficial for NCBO and the HCLS community.
Is the timeline for the creation of the NCBO Clinical Trial Ontology already worked out, or is the project still in a planning phase? Who is responsible for the coordination of the NCBO CTO at the moment?

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/Workshop_on_Clinical_Trial_Ontology

cheers,
Matthias Samwald

Yale Center for Medical Informatics, New Haven /
Section on Medical Expert and Knowledge-Based Systems, Vienna /
http://neuroscientific.net

P.S.: If there is a dedicated mailing list or discussion forum for the NCBO Clinical Trials Ontology, please point me to it. The HCLS mailing list seemed to be the best communication medium, since many of its participants are also involved in the CTO.

.