Re: Ambiguous names. was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1

Waclaw Kusnierczyk wrote:
> sure.  how can you determine that *two* entities are *one* entity?
> (they may become one, but that's a different story.)

You mean how we *decide* that they should be a single "entity"? I'm afraid
I can't tell, not because it's our trade-secret, but because such decisions
are often based on what is the most useful and practical way to organize
some specific data (so we'd have to go look at a lot of different cases).

Should point out that while most people seem to consider the way we
organize our data useful, it's e.g. too high- or too low-level for some...