Re: Hosted Triple Store Oracle RDF DM - and access to BioRDF examples in general

Another good article on this subject is:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/pdf/vldb_2005.pdf

jb

From: William Bug <William.Bug@DrexelMed.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:41:01 -0500
Cc: public-semweb-lifesci hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
To: Susie Stephens <susie.stephens@oracle.com>

Thanks, Susie.

Thanks too for the clarification on the "native triple store".  I
thought based on the fact there is a triple import mechanism and - as
you said - you are leveraging the native graph processing/indexing
engine already in Oracle - meant the implementation of RDF in Oracle
was really mapping RDF triplets to a relational model.

I really have been avoiding leaping into the details of Oracle RDF/
XML for much too long now.

Cheers,
Bill

P.S.: One other question: I'd started to write to my old friend, Barb
Bryant from Millennium (we were in the MIT Shakespeare Ensemble many
many many moons ago) whose now an ISCB officer and ISMB meeting
planner re: the HCLSIG interest in finding the right venue at ISMB
for the demos.  Then, I realized that issue went by so fast on the
TCon, I didn't really know what I should ask.  Can I ask you again,
what we were trying to determine?  I see the call for papers deadline
is Feb 2 which is too soon for HCLSIG.  Were there specific venues
whose deadline has passed (http://www.iscb.org/ismbeccb2007/
deadlines/) we would have preferred to participate in?

On Jan 24, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Susie Stephens wrote:

> The URL for Oracle's manual is actually:
> http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/tech/semantic_web/pdf/rdfrm.pdf
>
> Cheers,
>
> Susie
>

> William Bug wrote:
>> Scott has a link up to the Oracle RDF DM
>> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Hosted_Triple_Store
>> http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/tech/semantic_web/rdfrm.pdf
>>
>> That link at Oracle now trips a 404 error.
>>
>> Is it OK to use the following returned by the OTN site search engine:
>> http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/semantic_technologies/pdf/
>> oow2006_semantics_061128.pdf
>> This was used at the recent Oracle OpenWorld conference, so I
>> assume it's current.
>>
>> Is there a more detailed spec for the Oracle RDF Relational Model?
>>

>> Also - for loading remote LSID resources:
>> I thought I remembered after having loaded Roderick Page's Firefox
>> LSID extension, I could just paste the following in the Firefox
>> URL text box, hit return, and the plug-in contacted an LSID
>> Resource Resolution server at IBM to return the resource.
>>
>> My plug-ins stopped working when I upgraded to Firefox 2.0.  I
>> just now went to the Sorceforge download page for Roderick's
>> plugin and got the latest version (the first full release -
>> v1.0.0).  It installed just fine, but when I try to access:
>> urn:lsid:uniprot.org:keywords:462
>>
>> I get an error back claiming "unknown protocol".
>>
>> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Bill
>>

>> Bill Bug
>> Senior Research Analyst/Ontological Engineer
>>
>> Laboratory for Bioimaging  & Anatomical Informatics
>> www.neuroterrain.org
>> Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy
>> Drexel University College of Medicine
>> 2900 Queen Lane