Re: Hosted Triple Store Oracle RDF DM - and access to BioRDF examples in general

William Bug wrote:
> Also - for loading remote LSID resources:
> I thought I remembered after having loaded Roderick Page's Firefox LSID
> extension, I could just paste the following in the Firefox URL text box,
> hit return, and the plug-in contacted an LSID Resource Resolution server
> at IBM to return the resource.
>
> My plug-ins stopped working when I upgraded to Firefox 2.0.  I just now
> went to the Sorceforge download page for Roderick's plugin and got the
> latest version (the first full release - v1.0.0).

I believe the plug-in on SourceForge is a separate project, but can't say
for sure...

> It installed just fine, but when I try to access:
> urn:lsid:uniprot.org:keywords:462
>
> I get an error back claiming "unknown protocol".
>
> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

It seems that you need to prefix the identifier with "lsidres:".

Then, instead of "unknown protocol", you get "false"...

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that we never set up a
resolver, but other identifiers don't seem to work, either:

lsidres:urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:pubmed:12571434 returns "false"
lsidres:urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed:12441807
returns "Error retreiving authority WSDL"
lsidres:urn:lsid:pdb.org:1AFT:1 returns "Error retreiving authority WSDL"

Maybe a simpler resolution mechanism may not be a bad idea after all ;-)