Re: Collection of HCLSIG demo proposals

Thanks, Matthias.

Here is another "demo" page that was started off the BioRDF page:
	http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Demo_Thoughts

It is solely focused on the AD Use Case.

Then there is the PD Use Case:
	http://esw.w3.org/topic/ParkinsonsDisease
	http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ParkinsonUseCase

and the more recent effort to seek synergies between the AD & PD Use
Cases (synergies in SemWebTech techniques & tools, as well as
scientific questions/objectives)
	http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/IntegratedUseCase

Which brings up another issue.  I thought we were converging on the
idea the demos would driven by and built off the current AD and/or PD
Use Cases?  This is not to say we would want to include most if not
all of the issues discussed on the page you've created.  It only
means we'd seek to put them in the context of the PD and/or AD Use Case.

This also brings up the issue of some of the other valuable Use Cases
that have been discussed - e.g.:
	ACPP:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ACPPTaskForce
	SPE:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ScientificPublishingTaskForce
	BioONT:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/POMR		(see
Motivating Use Cases)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/POMROntology
	DSE:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Drug_Safety_and_Efficacy	(see Use
Case context)

There is the other issue of demos worked on collectively by the
HCLSIG and those that will be presented as a part of the special
HCLSIG session at the Banff meeting worked on outside the direct
auspices of this group collectively.

Finally, it's not clear to me how the tasks listed on various Task
Force pages feed into the Use Cases, what their status is re: this
issue (Use Case support), and whether they will be directly relevant
to the HCLSIG group demo(s) - e.g.,
	BioRDF:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/BioRDF_Top_Level_Task (tasks down at the
bottom)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/
Using_SW_Technologies_to_Find_Small_Molecules_that_Bind_to_Proteins
	BioONT:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce (see Work Products)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/
Create_Bridging_Ontology_between_NeuronDB_and_CoCoDat_databases_and_UMLS
_Common_Vocabulary	(SenseLab, Cocodat, & UMLS bridge)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/DesignIssues (bench-
to-bedside ontology)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/SeedOntology (seed
ontology for bench-to-bedside)
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/OntologyTaskForce/SeedOntology/
SeedOntologyDetailedFollowup (PATO expression of assertions about PD)
		- also a Chemical Ontology from NIST that I can't find the HCLSIG
Wiki page for now
	SPE:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ScientificPublishingTaskForce
(particularly the SPE Spec)
	ACPP:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ACPPTaskForce/ACPPOntology
	DSE:
		http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG/Drug_Safety_and_Efficacy	(Task
Objectives)

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 18, 2007, at 7:30 AM, Matthias Samwald wrote:

> Several proposals for Semantic Web demos have been made up to now,
> and it starts to get confusing. We need to collect all of these
> proposals in a single document in order to compare their advantages
> and disadvantages, and to find possible interconnections. I have
> created a wiki page where we can collect theses proposals:
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_Demo_Proposals
>
> Please note that if we still want to present a HCLSIG demo at the
> ISMB conference, we should be aware that the deadline for paper
> submission is nearing (early February).
>
> kind regards,
> Matthias Samwald

Bill Bug