Re: Martone's Ontology

Sorry for the double post, but the end of that previous email somehow
got truncated:

Do you have a copy of their SfN presentation?

Maryann or her grad student Stephen Larson who is working directly on
SAO development would be able to provide the definitive answer to
your request.

As to your statement regarding its use, I completely agree.  It would
also be useful to speak with Stephen to find out whether they have
talked with the GO developers regarding alignment with the GO-
CellularComponent subsumptive trunk, which I believe is being
refactored to bring it more in line with OBO Foundry recommendations.
There are also other ontologies and classification schemes covering
macromolecular complexes.  Stephen may have some suggestions on how
to integrate those, as well.

Finally, I believe Stephen may have valuable suggestions regarding
the use of Rule-based formalisms to represent the more complex
subcellular component relations.

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:20 PM, William Bug wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> I think it is ready for use.
>
> Here is a presentation Maryann gave recently on use of SAO to
> annotate electron tomographic data sets:
>
> <ImageAnnotationForEM-
> LFongLChenRWestMWongSLamontAGuptaMEMartone-4ICET-Dec2006.pdf>
> <mime-attachment.html>

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org
Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy