Re: Answers to questions about BioPortal

And the metadata (AnnotationProperties) I mentioned previously are
designed to support the ability manage versioning at the level of
nodes and edges.  Again - it's just a proposal at this point, but its
in recognition of this need you stated more eloquently than I in your
developers have gradually come to recognize must be addressed.

Daniel Rubin has also begun to work with the SKOS developers to help
them continue to evolve this resource so we'll also have a annotation
standard for managing the variety of lexical elements associated with
an ontology.  Daniel has been soliciting SKOS Use Cases from those
biomedical ontology projects currently making use of SKOS.  We're
just talking low-hanging fruit here - e.g., we all use the same
AnnotationProperties to specify associated synonyms, misspellings,
preferred terms, etc..

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:10 PM, kc28 wrote:

> William Bug wrote:
>
>> Here, here.
>>
>> I also would join Chimezie in saying I don't want to ruffle
>> feathers on this issue, but if either NCBO and/or NLM/NCBI would
>> start experimenting with a more broadly deployed LSID Registry &
>> Resolution Service (NCBO for ontologies and NLM/NCBI for BioRDF
>> data sets and/or data sets with ontology-centric annotations), I
>> think there would be many interested in making use of it.
>

> Agreed. The whole point of the semantic web is to come up with a
> standard that can broadly be applied to interconnect or integrate
> ontologies/data sets across different organizations (e.g., NCBO and
> NLM/NCBI).
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Kei
>
> -Kei