Re: [BIONT] Telcon minutes

That's excellent.

As may have been mentioned, we are going to try to start working on
ways to use some of the BIRN tools to add a visualization & atlasing
component to the upcoming demo.  The intent is to start looking at
how to do this with the AD Use Case, but as June pointed out in the
BioRDF call yesterday, there are several reasons to want to pursue
similar approaches with the PD Use Case, not least of which is we
have within the BIRN well characterized light microscopic
histological and MRI images, as well as some behavioral and molecular
data derived from an alpha-synuclein mouse model of PD.

As I mentioned the other day, I've already asked one of the PIs on
this project - Diana Price - to take a look at the HCLSIG PD Use
Case, though I think that got lost over the holidays.  She's still
away, but when she gets back, I'll just ask her to get in touch with
Don & Helen and take a look at the current Wiki pages on the PD Use
Case.

There is a very strong interest within BIRN both to address semantic
frameworks capable of formally characterizing pathological
observations and of driving semantic integration of basic findings
with clinical data.  Seeing as the latter has especially been a topic
where many - Helen, Chimezie, and others - have been providing
valuable steps forward, I think there could be a lot to gain from
investing in more synergistic collaborations that address specific
semantic annotation, integration, and mining tasks within BIRN.

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 9, 2007, at 4:45 PM, Kashyap, Vipul wrote:

> Don, June and Helen have decided to work together to integrate the
> AD and PD use cases and introduce
>
>        a bedside component.

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org