Re: More inspiration for the WWW HCLSIG demo

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 22:16:58 +0100
To: W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

William Bug wrote:
> Is Eric Jain's RDF-ization of UniProt being used in this WikiProteins
> system?

The Wiki part is based on OmegaWiki [http://www.omegawiki.org/] (previously
known as WiktionaryZ), so importing data from RDF wouldn't be any easier
than importing data from any other format -- apart from the fact that some
formats are inherently more painful to work with :-) I was providing them
with tab-delimited data for a while, but meanwhile they wrote their own
loader, based on I-don't-know-what.

The Knowlet stuff is proprietary and really a separate system, no idea how
(and if...) that works, for all I know it could be black magic :-)