W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > February 2007

HCLSIG Meeting Record 15 Feb 2007

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:30:02 +0100
To: W3C HCLSIG <Public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Cc: Eric Neumann <eneumann@teranode.com>
Message-ID: <20070215173001.GC8145@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes


   [1]W3C 

                                    HCLSIG

15 Feb 2007

   See also: [2]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          Vipul_Kashyap, Don_Doherty, EricP, Olivier_Bodenreider,
          Bill_Bug, chimezie, Eric_Neumann, Jim_Mcgurk, Pam, Joanne,
          Alan, Susie_Stephens

   Regrets
   Chair
          ericN

   Scribe
          ericP

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Convene, take roll, review record
         2. [5]Propose next HCLS call Feb 22, 2007, nominate a scribe
         3. [6]Vocabulary Versioning -- input from clinical terminology
            community (report from caBIG terminology panel with Harold
            Sobrig and Chris Shute)
         4. [7]Task Update
         5. [8]Demo progress
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________________

Convene, take roll, review record

   PROPOSED: accept [10]minutes from last week as a true record

   <jluciano2> second

   APPROVED

Propose next HCLS call Feb 22, 2007, nominate a scribe

   ericN: will be absent next week
   ... next meeting will be 22 Feb if Tonya can chair

   ericN: pharma and clinical trials folks not engaged with
   [11]http://DetailedClinicalModels.org

   vipul: main player is Stan Huff from Intermountain Healthcare. this
   person would be a good contact

   <BillBug>
   [12]http://www.detailedclinicalmodels.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Pa
   ge

   <BillBug> DCM PubMed reference - PMID: 15360974

   <BillBug> Integrating detailed clinical models into application
   development tools.

   <BillBug> Huff SM, Rocha RA, Coyle JF, Narus SP

   <BillBug> Medinfo. 2004;11(Pt 2):1058-62

   <BillBug> VP: Represent in XML Schema now - Partners & Alan Rector
   working with them on OWL representation

   ACTION: vipul to invite Stan Huff to present his work to this group
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action01]

Vocabulary Versioning -- input from clinical terminology community (report
from caBIG terminology panel with Harold Sobrig and Chris Shute)

   ericP: any member of the IG may be an editor

   ericN: person needs to be engaged and committed

   <BillBug> I'm working directly on this issue with BIRNLex & OBI -
   working with NCBO, too. I've also got an ongoing discussion with
   Gilberto Fragoso at NCICB who works on NCIT.

   <jluciano2> I'm interested in the Editing work, I've just been busy
   and not been able to cycle around to getting back on this.

   <jluciano2> right, and because at this moment I've not been able to
   commit...

   ericN: [caBIG terminology panel report]
   ... acknowledged importance of using OWL

   <alanr> is this same as earlier call for SWD vocabulary management
   editor?

   <jluciano2> Was anyone able to get an idea of how much time commitment
   would be necesssary and over what period of time???

   ericN: find editor and group for semweb versioning of ontologies
   ... would like to get Harold ... involved

   vipul: what about Daniel Rubin?

   ericN: he's already committed

   BillBug: what's the role of SKOS here?

   ericN: ??? is already connected

   alanr: same as earlier call for SWD editor?
   ... trying to get idea of scope
   ... suggest someone from OBI (Open Biomedical Initiative)

   <BillBug> As AR said, OBI & GO are working together on issues related
   to version.

   alanr: I may have a volunteer depending on scope
   ... reluctant myself due to growing committments

   ericN: You are not satisfied with Ivan's response on this?

   <scribe> ACTION: ericN to give a job description of editor's role for
   ??? document [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action02]

   <jluciano2> i have to sign off now.
   take care everyone.

   chimezie: versioning is in the critical path of ontology development
   work we are doing at CCF

   BillBug: this doc is vocab versioning in generral, but you [ericN]
   want a conduit from HCLS?

Task Update

   vipul: 1? 2? 3: will give presentation on brain form ontologies
   ... docs from AMS meeting: ??? and best practices
   ... no draft available

   ericN: would like everyone to put up their working drafts, no matter
   how rough

   ACTION: all coordinators (ericN, vipul, susie, chen, AJ) to post links
   to draft wiki pages to the list [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action03]

Demo progress

   Susie: vipul and I holding join BioOnt/BioRDF to coordinate demo
   ... outstanding action to write up scientific side of parkinsons and
   alzheimers use cases
   ... action on John Barkley to document advantages of RDF
   ... after that, can work on connecting the use cases
   ... propose informal hacking sessions

   ericN: F2Fs best informal
   ... cannot be an [official] HCLS f2f

   -> [16]http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=38539 HCLS Working
   Group membership page

   ACTION: BillBug to fill out IE form noting [17]Policy for Approval of
   Invited Experts [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action04]

   ACTION: Susie, vipul to organize demo hacking session [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action05]

   alanr: need to immediately roust other parties from outside of
   BioOnt/BioRDF

   Susie: reallistic demo core likely to be discussed on monday
   ... more stuff can be added to the demo, reallistically, for after WWW

   ericN: pfizer has contributed data

   ACTION: EricN will discuss tox data with Alan when we meet [recorded
   in [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action06]

   vipul: someone from DSC should participate on Monday so that the demo
   includes this data (above the data simply merging)

   <alanr> +1

   <alanr> SW gathering is 1 month away. Would be better to meet in next
   week or two

   alanr: [summary or where things are and what's required]

   alanr: suggested on Monday that interested parties to look at the
   galleries on [21]http://perfuse.org/
   ... am using that toolkit

   <eneumann2> also look at ... [22]http://simile.mit.edu/exhibit/

   alanr: can link from a gene to all the images for that gene

   <eneumann2> Rob Williams has offered to get m-birn mouse gene
   expression data for us

   <eneumann2> .... Mark Ellisman (BIRN) has offered to direct 2 people
   from BIRN to help us where possible

   alanr: access to ontologies, eg. brain anatome, nerve receptors...
   ... may need to construct small ontology of ...
   ... bit of the demo can work on communications of synapses

   <BillBug> We've been accumulating distilled/structured knolwedge
   sources for all the domains AR asked for on the BIoONT wiki

   alanr: i'll try to post this to the list to the IG list

   <BillBug> for Synapses: see PMID 17098931

   <BillBug> SynDB: a Synapse protein DataBase based on synapse ontology.

   <BillBug> Includes synapse element ontology (SynO)

   alanr: would like to log SPARQL queries as the demo progress

   ACTION: alanr to mail his grocery list to the IG mailing list
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action07]

   BillBug: most of those groceries are already in the wiki
   ... would be compelling to show gensat images

   <alanr> the allen data has cross pointers to gensat.

   <vipul> Alan: Can you help define the synapse ontology task better?

   ACTION: EricN, BB, Alan TC to talk about what to ask from BIRN
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action08]

   <vipul> May be some one from BIONT can pick it up?

   <alanr> Let's talk on monday

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: alanr to mail his grocery list to the IG mailing list
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: all coordinators (ericN, vipul, susie, chen, AJ) to post
   links to draft wiki pages to the list [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: BillBug to fill out IE form [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: EricN will discuss tox data with Alan when we meet
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: EricN, BB, Alan TC to talk about what to ask from BIRN
   [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: ericN to give a job description of editor's role for ???
   document [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Susie, vipul to organize demo hacking session [recorded
   in [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: vipul to invite Stan Huff to present his work to this
   group [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [33]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([34]CVS log)
    $Date: 2007/02/15 17:24:23 $
    edited by ericP

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-irc
   3. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#agenda
   4. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#item01
   5. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#item02
   6. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#item03
   7. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#item04
   8. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#item05
   9. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes#ActionSummary
  10. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/08-hcls-minutes
  11. http://DetailedClinicalModels.org/
  12. http://www.detailedclinicalmodels.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
  13. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action01
  14. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action02
  15. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action03
  16. http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=38539
  17. http://www.w3.org/2004/08/invexp
  18. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action04
  19. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action05
  20. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action06
  21. http://perfuse.org/
  22. http://simile.mit.edu/exhibit/
  23. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action07
  24. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action08
  25. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action07
  26. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action03
  27. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action04
  28. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action06
  29. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action08
  30. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action02
  31. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action05
  32. http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-hcls-minutes.html#action01
  33. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  34. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
-- 
-eric

office: +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
cell:   +1.857.222.5741

(eric@w3.org)
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Thursday, 15 February 2007 17:30:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:00:46 GMT