Re: [BioRDF] URI Resolution

From: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:05:03 -0500
To: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
CC: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org

>>> I am not assuming you are retrieving each uri one by one. Chunks of
>>> things come in files. The ontology as a whole is in one file. You
>>> are correct that one always has a bootstrap issue. However I
>>> anticipate that the core of the URI resolution ontology, given its
>>> importance, would be available and most likely cached, and that this
>>> ontology would have enough defined to declare alternate methods of
>>> getting itself in the future.
>> But tell me how? Don't I have to say explicitly that
>>
>> http://bar.com/#bar a vs:VitaminSourceDemoThing
Another problem is that if I want to say that

http://purl.example.com/#purl owl:sameAs http://bar.com/#bar .

However, http://purl.example.com/#purl is a well maintained persistent
URI.  With your proposed approach, does that mean that
http://purl.example.com/#purl should be "dereferenced" just as
http://bar.com/#bar?

Xiaoshu