Re: [Fwd: Re: identifier to use]

From: Hilmar Lapp <hlapp@duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:16:29 -0400
Cc: Ricardo Pereira <ricardo@tdwg.org>, public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
To: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>

On Aug 25, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Eric Jain wrote:

> Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>> Sure. But what about it should be in the LSID spec?
>
> For the same reason the entire SOAP-based resolution stack is in
> the spec?

That's part of the LSID resolution protocol. It's what the HTTP proxy
does under the hood.

I'm assuming you aren't suggesting that you can only be an LSID
assigning authority if you also run a HTTP proxy?

Note that the DOI spec also doesn't define http://dx.doi.org.

	-hilmar
: Hilmar Lapp  -:-  Durham, NC  -:- hlapp at duke dot edu :