Re: [Fwd: Re: identifier to use]

    Hello all,

    The biodiversity informatics community, which I'm a member of, were
faced with the same issues when we decided to adopt LSID.

    After much discussion, we extended the work from Sean Marting and
others regarding LSID HTTP proxies and devised a set of recommendations
to make LSID more interoperable with the Web (and the Semantic Web). The
recommendations are at:

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/GUID/LsidHttpProxyUsageRecommendation

    With those recommendations, we believe we reached a compromise in
which we let standard Web clients consume and navigate through networks
of objects identified by LSIDs, while retaining what we believe are
benefits of LSID.

    I hope this helps.

    Regards,

Ricardo Pereira
Biodiversity Information Standards (TDWG)