Re: making statements on the semantic web

Michel_Dumontier wrote:
> The bigger problem, is how do we discover all the places that are making
> statements about these non-web resources?  While Bio2RDF lists a few
> equivalent resources, will it maintain this list manually? Perhaps more
> valuable is whether we entice Google to index our public triple stores,
> telling us where triples containing "uniprot:p26838" exist, thereby
> enabling distributed queries. I've brought this up a few times now, and
> I'd very much like to hear what people think...

+1

Don't know if we can rely on Google for this, but I believe there are
already several semantic web crawler projects out there, perhaps someone
who is more familiar with one of these projects can comment?

Bio2RDF can already be useful even without such a search engine, i.e. if
you are looking at http://purl.uniprot.org/uniprot/P26838 and from there
follow the InterPro link like so:

wget --header='Accept: application/rdf+xml;q=0.9,text/html;q=0.1' \
   'http://purl.uniprot.org/interpro/IPR001451'

...you'll end up with some data provided by Bio2RDF! (If instead you prefer
text/html, you'll end up on some page on the official InterPro web site.)